This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Wednesday Special Needs Club (WSNC) caters for the many specific requirements of Wirral’s Special Needs children and young adults (aged 10 upward) and provides them with a few hours of fun and social chat! We meet every Wednesday evening between 7 and 9pm (during school term times).
Club night’s facilities/activities include, the use of the Club’s Sensory Soft Play Resource together with the Centre’s spacious and welcoming Coffee Bar and large hall. Our recreational activities are varied and include arts and crafts, music, table games, TV, playstations, and various other activity games.
The Club, which has been running since March 1993, is run by volunteers, and each year we hold one major fundraising event which is the Hoylake 10k Coastal Fun Run (this years run takes place on Sunday 24th September), with all the proceeds from the run goes towards the upkeep/maintenance of the clubs Sensory Softplay Resource
From April an 10k application form can be downloaded from our website www.wsnc.co.uk. Results are published on the website within 48 hours of the finish. Photographs of the runners are added within a week. So keep a look out for this event and check our website for ongoing news and information.
The Sensory Soft Play Resource was opened in May 1995 by the Wednesday Special Needs Club, and it caters 5 days a week for the particular requirements of Wirral’s Special Needs people of all ages, its facilities include
• Large ball pool, accommodating up to 10 users, for motor stimulation and therapeutic play
• Electric hoist for easy access to the ball pool by users with severe mobility problems
• Extensive soft play area, providing a safe environment for therapeutic play and motor stimulation
• Soft and textured surfaces, providing tactile stimulation
• Audio equipment playing music for aural stimulation
• Various lighting effects, including fibre optic displays providing visual stimulation
• A ‘Quiet Room’ padded with white soft play cushioning, featuring illuminated bubble columns and fibre optic displays
The Sensory Soft Play Resource is supported, maintained and funded by volunteers and has no official funding, and it is a vital community resource that has a huge impact on the many users of the resource and their carers, by improving their overall quality of life. A number of local schools use the resource for their special pupils.
BUT WE NEED YOUR CONTINUED HELP AND SUPPORT to continue to provide this marvellous facility in the future.
• Offer your time (Club nights)
• Offer your skills (Club nights)
• Offer sponsorship (for the 10k Run) or your time by offering to volunteer on the day
• Maybe take part in the run on 24th September?
If so, please get in touch to discuss how you could help, see contact details.
The WSNC couldn’t do anything without your support - either taking part in the 10k Run, or volunteering to help out, or making a donation, and we thank everyone for their continued support of this most valuable community resource.
Where To Find Us – The Parade, Hoylake Community Centre, Hoyle Road, Hoylake, Wirral, CH47 3AG
Contact us, the club’s website www.wsnc.co.uk has lots more information and pictures about the Club, Sensory Soft Play Resource and the Hoylake Coastal 10k Run, so why not take a look?
We would love to hear from you and welcome enquiries from new users for the club on Wednesday’s and potential volunteers.